Created in 1989, SOFRESUD is specialized in the Defence domain.
SOFRESUD offers its know-how in several domains:
- Hardware and software development;
- Embedded systems;
- Systems integration;
- Data mining.
R&D activities allow SOFRESUD to develop innovative products, as:
QPD (Quick Pointing Device):
SOFRESUD is the French Navy’s supplier of target designation system as called Quick Pointing Device (Q.P.D.) – French government and SOFRESUD’s patent.
Q.P.D. supports the visual surveillance activity by giving a lookout the capability to send target designation data to the combat management system.
SOFRESUD develops all the component of the equipment including physical and functional interfaces with the systems it is connected to. So, an easy integration of the equipment is insured whatever the combat system installed on the surface warship (a new design or an improvement of an existing one).
ATLAS – Data mining engine:
Initiated with the French Innovation Agency (ANVAR) support, SOFRESUD developed the data modelling engine, ATLAS.
ATLAS is part of the non-linear modelling domain and uses statistic regularisation to create robust models.
This engine uses a proprietary algorithm which is our own derivation of a principle described by V. Vapnik called “Structural Risk Minimisation” (SRM).
The fully patented ATLAS technology is recognized as being the most efficient technology in terms of robustness / accuracy for noisy data flow modelling.
As part of advanced research, SOFRESUD continues to innovate in new concepts and new technologies:
- Self Defense Urgent Firing concept (project “TAU”);
- The anti-intrusion surveillance of offshore platforms (project “CONDOR”);
- The maritime surveillance and detection of abnormal behaviour (project “ScanMaris” – selected by ANR – managed by DCNS);
- 3D automatic and robust real-time modeling using located frames (project “GYROVIZ” – selected by ANR – managed by SOFRESUD, with the following partners: INRIA, CEA, IXSEA, SUPMECA).
SOFRESUD is certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008.
Research, development, production and product lifecycle management of high-tech systems - Management of Programmes.